Tuesday 20 August 2013



Calling all Empty -Nesters!

I’m curious to know if other parents who have finished raising their children are on a similar journey to mine - pursuing old passions, following dreams put on hold during those parenting years, and redefining who you are now.

Obviously parenting isn’t over after the children are raised.  How are you finding life after children?  What benefits come with that empty house, and what challenges have you faced?  For instance, how have you dealt with establishing new relationships with your adult children?  That one can be a minefield!  How is life with in-laws and grandchildren?  I don’t have grandchildren yet, but I acquired a son-in-law last year - I don’t know him very well, but I really like him and he and my daughter are good together.

When I started this blog I jokingly wrote that life after children is all about me.  It isn’t, really - I am focusing more on myself than I have done in 30 years - but I am still a mother, first and foremost.  I think about my daughters, I worry about them, I miss them, and sometimes they still need their mom’s help.

2 comments:

  1. You have a big heart and you are very sensitive although you sometimes very strike with me but l really love you
    And hope a good live for you and your daughters
    Regards: goy
    l usually open your blog and see what is new but you don't post anything for meby 10 months

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comments. I can't believe it has been six years since I wrote on this blog. How are you? Where are you?

    ReplyDelete