Tuesday 9 July 2013



HELLO VICTORIA - AND GOODBYE AGAIN!


I’ve been back in Canada for one week now - I’m too physically and emotionally drained to write much.  I spent the first morning here getting my car back on the road and arranging for the police check I need for my new visa. I had a 2 ½ hour drive down the beautiful island highway - without speeding - well, at least I didn’t get a ticket - with the windows down, the music blaring, singing my heart out to my favourite kick-ass girl songs!  I pulled into Saxepoint Park with Gloria Estevan’s ‘Do the Congo’ blasting, thinking my daughter would know before she even saw my car that it was me coming.  Jordyn, however, was so caught up playing with her friend’s baby she didn’t see me until I was almost on top of her!  But I did get a great big hug that nearly knocked me off my feet, and I picked her up off hers.  I opted for the hip mom response of “Cool tat, Jordyn.” - and it does, in fact, look very tasteful.   It was so good to see my daughter #3,and to catch up with her friends from school and with my friends, but the week sped by too quickly.  Thank you, Diane for your hospitality, I felt at home with you and it was so great to catch up, friend. Thank you Jan for the amazing lunch you made; I had a wonderful afternoon with you and Carol and Claudette.  Delilah, it was so, so good to see you again, girl.  I even popped in to see the ladies of the James Bay Women’s group; it wasn’t the same without Minnie who passed away recently but I did see some of the other ladies who have inspired me to follow my dreams.

I've missed my home so much and wish I could have spent more time walking by the ocean, and exploring my favourite parts of the city, but there just wasn't time. 

So now I’m back up in Comox; I picked up my police clearance today and sent all the papers off for my new Saudi visa.   Jordyn and I leave at first light tomorrow to catch the ferry from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay, and then we have a 12-13 hour drive to Edmonton and another long awaited reunion - daughter # 1 and #1 son-in-law! 

No comments:

Post a Comment